In 2022 the ESG charter with specific objectives such as reducing CO2 emissions was drawn up. It aims to integrate sustainability into all company activities and to ensure continuous optimisation of sustainable entrepreneurship within Intervest and with regard to external stakeholders.
The long term aim is to have the portfolio perform in line with the major global sustainability targets.
The ESG roadmap (see image) therefore wants to keep the focus on the three spearheads resulting out of the dialogue with the stakeholders and the materiality index.
E: Future-proof buildings / Energy-efficiency
- Decrease embodied and operational carbon (CO2 emission)
- More Green buildings
- Expansion of Building Management Systems
- Monitoring Life cycle Carbon Emission (LCE) for relevant project
- Expansion installation of charging stations for electric vehicles
- Increase green financing
S: Health & well-being employees / customers
- Investing in training and professional qualifications
- Providing a healthy and safe working environment
G: Business integrity and compliance / ethics
- Continued focus on corporate governance
- Continued implementation of code of conduct
- Whistle-blowing policy