As a team creating sustainable value for customers
The four strategic pillars of the of the growth plan remain unchanged:
- value creation,
- customer focus and,
With #connect2025, Intervest continues to build on the lines already mapped out for the coming years: achieving well-considered sustainable and innovative growth of the fair value of the real estate portfolio by the end of 2025, improving the quality of the real estate portfolio through asset rotation, realising the full value chain from (site) acquisition to completion of the property with an in-house dedicated and motivated team, and doing so with an eye for sustainability on both the investment and financing side.
Intervest is committed to creating value for its stakeholders by generating solid and recurring cash flows from a well-diversified real estate portfolio, with respect for sustainability, social aspects and good governance. With this, the company wants to extract agile advantage from the respective investment cycles and the underlying rental market in offices and logistics properties, the two segments of the real estate portfolio.
Concrete objectives by 2022:
- 30% growth in fair value of the real estate portfolio
- 10% growth in the EPRA earnings per share
- Increase in average rental period: > 5 years
- Prolong maturity period for debts
Intervest wants to pursue the highest standards of sustainability on both the investment and financing fronts. After all, Intervest employs a very broad vision regarding sustainability and is committed to building a long-term relationship with all of its stakeholders. For example, by communicating transparently with investors and by pursuing a reputation as a long-term share with a recurring return and a low risk profile.
Sustainability is also about the well-being of our own employees, our customers and their employees. Intervest, for example, does not just go for “quick wins” with regard to BREEAM. For new investments or developments, it will always start from the well-being of the user.
Intervest has set itself the following concrete objectives by 2022:
- 100% of electricity consumption from renewable sources
- 80% of the logistics properties equipped with photovoltaic installations
- 80% of the real estate portfolio equipped with smart meters
- 30% of the real estate portfolio has at least a ‘BREEAM Very Good’ score
To achieve this, customer focus is crucial both externally and internally. Intervest is a real estate partner that goes beyond just letting square metres of office space or logistics space, “beyond real estate”. In other words, listening to the needs of the customers, thinking along with them and thinking ahead in order to “unburden” them and to offer added value. This translates into an extensive service provision and flexible solutions and it demands the dedication of a strong and motivated team in which employees also work for and with each other in a customer-focused manner.
In concrete terms, Intervest is working on:
- Improving customer loyalty by increasing the total number of years as tenant
- Starting to measure the NPS (Net Promoter Score), an indication of satisfaction and loyalty
Intervest wants to be a reliable employer that offers its employees a caring working environment in which they can develop their full potential. The values of the company (professional and entrepreneurial, passionate and enthusiastic, honest and respectful, together and in a team) and the company culture are an important guideline for integrating customer-focused thinking within the day-to-day operations. Covering the entire value chain from land acquisition to long term rental with our own knowledge and experience also means creating a working environment that facilitates the further development of a motivated and dedicated team of employees.
An environment where people trust each other, are proud of what they are doing and have fun together.
More specifically, Intervest is committed to:
- Achieving sustainable motivation among its employees
- Attracting and keeping a professional staff
Based on the successful implementation of the growth plan in recent years, the focus remains on the building blocks that form the basis of this success:
- Focus on own (re)developments, with the intended result being higher returns and an improvement in the risk profile
- Focus on creating clusters focused on strategic (maritime) axes, providing economies of scale and flexibility for customers
- Focus on well-considered asset rotation, also contributing to improving the risk profile and providing prospects for future cash flows to support growth in the logistics segment
- Focus on ESG and innovation serving all stakeholders.